Aseprite v1.2-beta8 Apr 14, 2017
Hi asepriters! Today we are releasing Aseprite v1.2-beta8 through all channels (Humble Bundle, Steam, itch.io, and Gumroad) with new features! (How to update Aseprite?)
- Added slice tool (issue 721, still a work-in-progress as animated slices need more UI work).
- Added automatic guides when moving cels/layers (Ctrl or ⌘ key)
- Added possibility to move selection edges
- Added possibility to open multiples files at once (issue 1163)
- Added horizontal/vertical symmetry at the same time (issue 1190)
- Improved handling of overlapping frame tags in the Timeline (issue 920, issue 768)
- Improved Sprite > Canvas Size option: now we can drag the canvas and corners (issue 1394)
- Show Unicode filenames correctly (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, etc.)
- Added new keyboard shortcut
Shift+Eto open/close a layer group
- New command to switch “Contiguous” mode on Paint Bucket tool (no default shortcut yet)
- Improved performance previewing effects (like Replace Color, Convolution Matrix, etc.) (issue 1400)
- New mail24 color palette (thanks to @Hyohnoo)
- New matriax8c color palette (thanks to @DavitMasia)
- Added a search field in the fonts popup.
- macOS: Fixed memory leaks on paint events and changing mouse cursors
- macOS: Fixed several keyboard issues (mainly on special non-US keyboard layouts, like “Dvorak - QWERTY ⌘”)
- Fixed soft light layer blending mode to match the CSS-SVG definition.
- Fixed a problem resetting default grid settings (issue 1380)
- Fixed delay problems playing animation on the active editor and the Preview window at the same time
- Fixed changing layer properties of several layers at the same time
- Aseprite v1.2-beta9: