Recent PostsAseprite v1.2.10-beta2
Aseprite v1.1 released! Aug 21, 2015
And it’s here, Aseprite v1.1 is available on Gumroad and itch.io! There are so many changes that it’d be impossible to make an exhaustive list. The main new features you can start looking at are these:
- Added alpha channel in color selection (issue 286)
- You can specify an alpha value on each palette entry.
- Palettes created from RGB sprites, can be generate entries with alpha channel.
- 8-bit PNG files can be saved with alpha channel per palette entry.
- New color wheel (issue 707)
- New layer blending modes and opacity (issue 318, issue 225)
- New UI for inks (new “Simple Ink” to avoid extra Opacity parameter now that we’ve alpha component in color selection).
- New eyedropper modes.
- Export frame tags or specific layers (issue 607)
- Support for palettes with less or more than 256 colors (issue 668, issue 754)
- You can reduce colors creating smaller palettes.
- New option to shift pixels and wrap around the content (issue 681)
- Configurable ‘Stop’ button behavior (issue 705)
- Added new configuration for rotation pivot (issue 370)
- More onion skin options (issue 526)
- Zoom indicator in status bar (issue 646)
- Space bar can move the selection being created or the line/rectangle/ellipse being drawn (issue 741)
- Added an option to ignore the grid in paint bucket tool (issue 564)
- Added a “Snap to Grid” indicator (issue 122)
- Show onion skin depending on the configured loop section (issue 555)
- Improved performance and memory usage of RotSprite algorithm (issue 691)
- Removed tools configuration dialog (
Ckey): Now all options are available in View menu (you can open it with
- Fixed issue 546, issue 275, issue 161, issue 529, and a lot more.
And I forgot, there is a new Ubuntu 14.04 package to give a try.